SARAH ESTHER| PHOTOGRAPHY

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One of those Days...

So yesterday was a bad day. Nothing went right... woke up late, didn't get to shower (and realized later that I'd also forgotten the deoderant :/ sorry classmates!), found out that I couldn't log in to my GSU account due to the fact that I was one out of 30000 that was randomly selected for review, my car got booted for $50, and found out that I will have to pay an extra $500 for a class because of supposed late registration. It was a wine-at-3:30-in-the-afternoon day. A very. Bad. Day.

So after I got into my car, waiting on the boot-man to get there, I tried squeezing out some tears... I felt like Cameron Diaz in 'Holiday', they just wouldn't come. I squeezed for a good 5 minutes before I gave up... feeling defeated even by my own emotions! Then it hit me... I wasn't supposed to cry and sulk over my circumstances, I needed to DO something about them. And the only thing I knew to do was go to the Lord. It's an amazing feeling to know that your heart is being called by a higher power... to know that even after all of your failures and sucky attempts at success and reckoning someone still believes in you, and wants to know you. I didn't even want to know me yesterday.

So I took a breath after my squeezes (which left me breathless), and pulled out the word expecting nothing but believing everything... that no matter what I was reading it would in some way be relevant to my situation, it would be a word of love and a song of encouragement from the one who knew me best.

It did.

Habakkuk 3:17-18

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.


This GOD knows what he is doing. He made my bad day better. No it wasn't "everythings-fixed-as-if-this-day-didnt-happen-and-I-got-a-new-car-too kind of better, but it was better because though the day was still sucky, I had a certain peace that it wouldn't last, and I would...and COULD... survive.

The day ended up being a good day. It was just one of those days....


No comments:

Post a Comment

::about:me::

My photo
Hello! I'm Sarah Esther and I am a portrait and wedding photographer in Atlanta, GA. I absolutely love being able to witness moments worthy of capturing. Photography allows me to capture truly beautiful moments, and for me is a form of worship. Capturing pictures of those things that God has created invites me to love him more. For More of my work, please view my website: www.sarahesther.com

::following:me::