SARAH ESTHER| PHOTOGRAPHY

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Time flies...






Wow so it has been a WHILE since I last posted. Apologies if you were sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to find out what I had to say... but for some reason I highly doubt that, nevertheless I am sorry. This time not spent blogging has been spent traveling ... not the super-amazing kind of traveling, but the slightly-amazing kind -the kind where you visit new cities and go to the beach :) All good! In the middle of this month a friend and I took a trip to St. Louis, MO in order to visit a school that I am interested in. As we were driving through the miles and miles of mid-American flatness we thought we would never arrive at our destination. Kentucky and Illinois are truly the flatlands, with fields and fields of corn and the occasional barn or farm house. It was quite a peaceful trip, and a beautiful one. St. Louis is a gorgeous, brick-adorned, french-inspired city. The architecture is amazing, the parks are landscaped to match Parisian gardens... it really is fantastic.. and the best part (or one of them) is that everything is FrEE!! Yep! Free-99!
As we were returing, we happened to be driving through Tennesee around dusk... the mountains had just turned that perfect shade of indigo against the horizon and the sky was retreating from a bright pink to a muted purple as the sun was setting. It was this time that we decided we really do live in teh most beautiful part of the country (sorry America... no offense to the other 49 states).
If you have never visted St. Louis, or have not visited a new city in a while... get out there, do it, take a drive.. just get there. Surrounding ourselves with new people and places can really help to snatch ourselves out of mundane routines, or make you appreciate where you came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

::about:me::

My photo
Hello! I'm Sarah Esther and I am a portrait and wedding photographer in Atlanta, GA. I absolutely love being able to witness moments worthy of capturing. Photography allows me to capture truly beautiful moments, and for me is a form of worship. Capturing pictures of those things that God has created invites me to love him more. For More of my work, please view my website: www.sarahesther.com

::following:me::