SARAH ESTHER| PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend Recap

I don't have a problem with Monday's because they have a distinct quality about them...they're consistent. Monday's show up, and they pretty much all carry the same air about them... you always know what to expect...and I think that helps alleviate some of the 'ugh Monday'-ness. And seriously, if you are able to read this right now, can't we just acknowledge the 10+ things we have to be thankful for that make that possible?

weekends, however, are unpredictable to most of us... and I feel like that's why we get all lethargic when it comes to Fri-Sunday and then proceed to yearn for the unpredictable adventures (or laziness, I'm not above that!) for the rest of the week.

...excuse me while I dismount from my soap box...

For me, this weekend was one of those that leaves ya yearnin' for the next...

1. Visited an old friend for a night of cards, beer, and Wendy's...and woke up to a Jamie Durie-esque porch complete with cinnabons, coffee, and back-issues of Better Homes & Gardens. We also suddenly realized that this birthday definitely marked a new stage of life for us (note our excitement about the porch and magazines...)
Photobucket Photobucket

Here's a picture of one of Rome's down-town churches.
Photobucket

2. Sunday morning was the ING half and full marathon here in Atlanta and I have some pretty insane -I mean determined- friends that decided to run them. So we were up at 7 cheering them on. 
Here is my beautiful friend Ruthie right after she finished.
Photobucket

These guys made my day..the crossed the line with two tall-boys of Miller High Life. Class.
Photobucket


3. Saturday night we went into Lowe's to buy a rug and came out with this:


Hahah jk. But seriously. We left with an out-door fireplace, 3 chairs, and some wood. I'll put up real images later.

How was your weekend?!!

6 comments:

  1. haha, I saw that outdoor room and I thought you were serious!!! weekend was great... went to a big arts festival in orlando on saturday, had church yesterday and just finished some gardening. have a ton of writing to do for my wednesday deadline - but the sun is shining, hard to get motivated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great weekend!!
    btw re your comment about the silk flowers, Bando also makes hairpieces. Check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend-very productive :)

    Mine was good- did some spring shopping on Saturday, celebrated a friend's bday, and hung out w/ my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so fun, have my heart set on a fire pit for the backyard this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, maybe you could light some candles that smelled like a campfire outside next to the fireplace like in this last picture! You won my giveaway...send me an email and we'll work out the deeds.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

::about:me::

My photo
Hello! I'm Sarah Esther and I am a portrait and wedding photographer in Atlanta, GA. I absolutely love being able to witness moments worthy of capturing. Photography allows me to capture truly beautiful moments, and for me is a form of worship. Capturing pictures of those things that God has created invites me to love him more. For More of my work, please view my website: www.sarahesther.com

::tweet:tweet::

::following:me::